- WTECB Open Position - Check out the job postings section!
- Congratulations to Wes Allen, our 2017-2018 incoming WACTA President-Elect!
- Congratulations to Ryan Beatty, for winning the Photo Competition at Spring Conference! Ryan won a free registration for fall conference.
- Thank you, everyone for participating at the Spring WACTA Conference - Presentations available now!
- Time for Administrator of the Year Nominations! Check out the Awards Page for more information
- Legislative Advocacy Documents: Please share the leg advocacy with your legislators! A second page is available too for additional information.
- CTE Administrative Job Openings:
To provide leadership to enhance and support Career and Technical Education in communities and schools
WACTA Belief Statements
- WACTA's primary interest is to serve Career and Technical Education directors and administrators and we believe that WACTA enables each member to achieve the professional expertise and knowledge to
- Shape visionary, proactive leadership through a supportive networking and mentoring process
- Experience professional growth that continuously improves CTE administrative skills
- Understand why and how to advance CTE in the context of broad educational issues
- Support and advocate for Career and Technical Education
'Career and Technical Education is for EVERY student'
- Fosters a passion for their future
- Opens high-quality opportunities to career, community, and leadership experiences
- Develops an employable, technically skilled workforce
- Offers rigorous, applied learning in a relevant context
Based on our beliefs, we and our CTE Partners commit to:
- Increase equitable access to quality career and technical education for every student
- Career and technical education is an essential part of basic education and increases graduation rates
- Career and technical education improves the state’s economy by closing the skills gap
- Fund and support quality career and technical education programs
In the News:
Congratulations to the 2017 Phyllis Lawson Scholarship Winners:
- Cameron Blegan - University High School
- Alexandra Bradford - Union High School
- Samantha Bird - Todd Beamer High School
- Alondra Perez-Arrezda - Grandview High School
- Thomas Pablo - Yelm High School
Recent Articles and Videos About CTE in Schools: